Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's a Boy

I'm sorry, but no pictures available for posting yet but these will come. I am sitting in the hospital OB room and am amazed at what the Lord has done again. He has given my wife the strength to deliver another beutiful child. Christel worked very hard again and though it still took longer than expected we had a baby within 4 hours of checking in.
Okay, just so you all know my wife is the craziest lady in the world. Surviving the hottest week of the last decade, caring for two toddlers etc.. and to top this we walked in to the hospital this morning. Yes, this is not a misprint from the guy who blogs once a year (at the birth of his children it seems) we walked to the hospital to deliver a baby. It was premeditated and we had left all the things we would need in the car that was parked here but we walked. We had planned on meeting our OB/family practice doc/my colleague at 6:30 this am for rupture of membranes and this is what happened after he checked her and she was dilated to 7cm already.
Christel is currently sleeping as is baby Ryan Daniel Mulder. The room is dark and quiet, I have some Brian Mulder playing on the laptop and the peace and gratitude I feel is something I hope I don't easily or quickly forget. The pride I have for my wife will never be surpassed although I've been told that my children will do things that will make my "right ventricle burst" per Will Wolf.
The boys were by to visit and Luke is completely enamored with little Ryan who brought some presents for both Luke and Eli. Matching the pictures in the baby's room Christel bought some curious George monkeys which were a great idea. Luke and Eli were both talking about the monkeys that baby Ryan brought them when he came out of Mom's tummy.

2 comments:

An and Derek said...

Wow, so within 4 hours she delivered a baby boy and 2 monkeys! Impessive!
Nice blogging Davey. Am eagerly awaiting some pictures! :0)
Enjoy that beautiful little bundle. love you lots. ~An

Anonymous said...

Loved this post of some of your thought Dave as you look forward to being a daddy to these 3 boys! We are so thankful for another healthy little boy! gma