I hadn't thought I'd been having any crazy cravings with this pregnancy, but Dave's comment at dinner the other night may have revealed just how my taste buds have been driving our dinner menu. It's not quite zucchini season around here yet, but now that I think about it the past couple of months have included quite a few dishes with this versatile vegetable: zucchini casseroles, zucchini soup, zucchini as a pizza topping, zucchini and tomato pasta sauce, and zucchini "hidden" in some not-so-expected dishes, like meatloaf. (This last dish prompted Dave's comment.) I just can't help myself! It's so delicious.
Our garden may also reflect Mom's mealtime plans. Six large zucchini plants are just starting to sprout their produce. I think the largest one may be ready in a few days. I wonder who will arrive first: our first harvest of squash from the garden or our zucchini baby?
1 comment:
That looks like soooooo much fun!
Post a Comment