Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Few More...

Just wanted to share some images from the past couple of weeks: Luke helping Mom hang the sheets out on the line. Both boys have loved the clothesline this summer. Eli will run through the towels hanging down with his hands up in the air, and Luke is fascinated by the clothespins. Next summer I'll have to string a small line at their height so they can be big helpers.
Have I mentioned that Eli has loved the garden? Here our "tough guy" chows down on a green pepper like it's an apple.
We drove to the southwest part of the state on a very blustery day a couple of weekends ago. We went to check out Uncle Brian's new digs (cool house Brian... I think the boys especially liked the music room) and meet baby Oliver (Tim and Michelle's sweet new bundle). We stopped for a very windy picnic on the way. Luke tried to climb a fence, and Eli...
picked a flower for his mom. Unprompted. He picked it up, sniffed it, and handed it over to me. He probably just thought it was a dud and was getting ride of it because it didn't smell like much, but I smiled about that little clover for the rest of the ride.
And this is baby Oliver. I realize that Dave is the only one that looks halfway decent in this picture, but really, it's the way life is, ya know?
Eli got to roast his first marshmallow the other night. He's so careful about anything hot, I wasn't at all concerned about him getting too close. Rather, I was a little afraid that marshmallow would never turn brown.
A bit better perspective.
Fortunately Dad stepped in to help him get that perfect toasting.
Luke was happy with a graham cracker--his absolute favorite snack.
Reading library books on the couch with Grandpa.
Look at those chompers! The tooth count is still at four, but Luke's working on a couple more. Perhaps by his birthday he'll be boasting a few more teeth.
At Aunt Bekah's park in Plainfield. The boys and I drove down to visit R.J. for a weekend. She was a great host and we had a fun time. Eli's favorite part was probably his pancake breakfast at Flapjacks. The boys were great travelers and I loved spending some time with my sis.

No comments: