Ingredients:
1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
white part of a leek, sliced
1 tbls. unsalted butter
4 cups chicken stock
Saute the leek in the butter until tender. Add the squash and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer until squash is quite tender, about 20 minutes. Puree in a blender and enjoy.
By far the most difficult part of making this soup is peeling and cutting the squash. So, if you don't have a younger sister around who you can con into doing this nasty work, poke a couple of holes in the squash with a fork and throw it in the microwave for about 7 minutes. This cooks the squash just enough to soften it up so it is reasonable to cut. Also, if I don't happen to have any chicken stock around, I'll just use water and throw in a couple of chicken boullion cubes.
1 comment:
thanks for posting this recipe! i've been wanting a really easy squash soup recipe!! I can't wait to make it!
Post a Comment