Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blueberry Picking

Big. Beautiful. Blue. Berries.

The sun is taking a break today and this morning's overcast skies were perfect for picking the first of this season's Michigan blueberries. We didn't let a few sprinkles deter us from the fruit-laden bushes out at Beard's Lakeview Farm. Eli turned out to be an excellent picker, although we need to work on his keep-it-in-the-bucket-and-out-of-your-mouth skills. Luke enjoyed the time in the stroller and his first taste blueberry. I think it's a hit! It's a good thing they only charged us for the fruit in the buckets, because I know a lot of those berries were flying off the bushes and into little--and big--mouths. I have a feeling there are going to be some pretty smurfy diapers in my near future...

Eli's first five minutes at the farm were hilarious to watch. His little hands were flying once he figured out they were much tastier when you distinguish between the green and blue berries.


Mmmmm. I could get used to this.


Grammy fills her bucket.

Eli and Mom. I think he just got into the habit of sticking things into his mouth.

Aunt Bekah ("Kekah!" according to Eli) shows off her bounty.

Let. me. at. those. bushes.

Eli rockin' the faux hawk after the rain drove us back to the car.

No comments: