Monday, September 3, 2012

Blondie



I love this little dude.

I love the way his blond hair is starting to curl in the back.  I know it will be gone after his first real haircut.  But now, it's so soft and fine, and blond.  I find myself looking at it in a little bit of wonder.

I love the way he smells after his bath.  When he is snuggled into his pajamas and relaxing his weight into my lap for the evening rock, I like to put my nose on the top of his head and just breath.  Nothing smells like a baby before bed.

I love the way he cheers and claps for almost anything.  He got so much enthusiasm packed into his little body.  If we're excited, he's excited and clapping right along with us.

I love the way he tucks his hands tightly under his chest as he's falling asleep.  His oldest brother slumped into sleep.  Number 2 curled his legs into a ball.  This one wants his face buried between my neck and shoulder with his hands and arms squeezed between our chests.

I love how he tries to jump on his knees.  If his brothers are doing, you better bet he'll be into it soon.  So what if he can't walk quite yet... he'll still jump along if that's what the other two are up to.

I love the way he asks for "Dada?" all day long.  When we look out the window our walk into a new location, he's always on the lookout for his daddy.  But I know after a quick smile and hello, he'll always look back for me.  I may not hear many "Mamas" during the day, but when the chips are down, I'm the one that he wants.

I love the way he listens to music.  It's with his whole body.  He'll bounce and clap and sing and scoot.  And he does it all with this ridiculously huge grin on his face.  This boy appreciates music.

I love you , Little Man.