Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer Pictures

I can't believe it's August! Dave's birthday is just around the corner and soon we'll really be in full swing in preparing for this next little one. The baby's due date is October 26, just two months (and a few days) away. Mama is feeling well, but tired at times. I'll sometimes catch a quick snooze when Eli goes done for one of his naps. Eli is enjoying the summer. He loves the swimming pool. I don't think I have any pictures of the pool here, but I'll post some sometime. He's active, but sleeps very well: through the night and two solid naps a day. The current tooth count is four. No crawling yet; he's very content to let Mom or Dad (or whichever uncle or aunt happens to be close) lug him around. He's happy and healthy for which Dave and I are very grateful. God is good!
Ruff! Eli and I took a trip to Kalamazoo to visit with Maddawg friends. Can you believe it's been over ten years ago that we first met at Taylor? Connie--your son is beautiful! And even though he may be more of a linebacker than a jarhead... this Maddawg thinks that's okay!
Spending quality time with Aunt Bekah:


A day at Huckleberry Railroad:

Eli loved the train. So many fun whistles and other noises! Tristan was a bit more timid. Good thing Adam was there to hold him.



Adam, Erin, and Tristan were in Midland for a good visit. Eli enjoyed hanging out with his cousin at the Hall of Ideas museum, blueberry picking, in (or at least on the edge...) of the pool, and at Grandma's house. We're so glad you were here!



Watching the melodrama on Aunt Erin's lap. Eli was fascinated by the elaborate costume on the first lady.

Old-fashioned fun. Go, Tristan, go!
Adam and Rebekah on stilts.

Even Grandma gave it a try!
Ending the day with one of Eli's favorite activites:



2 comments:

An and Derek said...

Cute pics! Can't wait to see the boy in person in a few weeks! Love you guys! ~An

Jody Thompson said...

Eli, I miss your smiles! Thanks for keeping me company in the back seat on our trip down to visit Connie, Kara, and Isaac. Tell your mama hi from me, too. :)